What Is A General Dentist?
One of the many healthcare providers that people see often is their general dentist. It’s an easy mistake to make, but general dentistry isn’t just about teeth. It’s about overall health and the prevention of diseases that can be related to the health of your teeth and gums. Did you know that over 60% of all dental procedures can be preventative? Your Castro Valley general dentist does! With a strong focus on oral hygiene, your general dentist can ensure that any signals for potential disease in your mouth are caught early and managed – meaning that your dentist could be saving your life.
The Main Care Provider
For many, a Castro Valley general dentist is the main provider of dental care for those of any age. A family dentist from the first tooth is one of the most important people when it comes to your future health, and a routine visit to your Castro Valley general dentist will usually include:
- A thorough examination of the teeth, gums and structures in the mouth
- A professional cleaning
- A chat about any concerns you may be having and how to keep your oral hygiene up
Some dental appointments also include procedures like fillings and extractions, and these are standard procedures for a simple appointment. Of course, these are not the only service that your Castro Valley general dentist can provide.
What Does A General Dentist Do?
Here in Castro Valley, your general dentist does not have a niche in the same way that an orthodontist (braces) or periodontist (gums) would have, they are focused on a wide variety of services that are essential to the health of your mouth. These include:
- Prevention. Stopping the diseases prevalent in the mouth from taking hold or getting worse, and they do this with regular exams and cleanings. They can also give you guidance on how to protect your teeth and gums at home.
- Restoration. Tooth decay and gum disease are very common, and your Castro Valley general dentist is able to remove tooth decay and fill your tooth, but that’s not all. They can provide emergency dental restoration when you loosen or break a tooth, and they can also offer treatment for missing teeth.
- Cosmetics. Teeth whitening, bonding and even veneers are on offer with your Castro Valley general dentist, and they can provide you with the brighter smile that you deserve.
- Health. Your teeth and gums reflect your health overall. For example, gum issues can indicate a future of heart disease, and your dentist is easily able to identify this through your appointments and getting to know you. This can help you to seek treatment so that you are not left in a situation where an illness can progress.
Castro Valley General Dentist
With the right help from your Castro Valley general dentist, you can be on your way to achieving – or maintaining – excellent oral hygiene as early as possible. Take a bite out of your oral health today.